Vision, Mission, and Core Values
VISION: Student Disability Services embraces an educational community that celebrates and values the uniqueness and diversity of each student.
MISSION: In the spirit of equity, and in collaboration with the larger campus community, Student Disability Services leads the university in its commitments to recognize disability as a valued aspect of diversity, to embrace access as a matter of social justice, and to design more welcoming and inclusive environments.
CORE VALUES: As a department, and as individuals, we are committed to following the below Core Values as the foundation of our philosophical and decision-making processes:
- We recognize disability as a dimension of human variation and consider it to be an interaction between the person and the artificially-created barriers to physical, educational, economic, social, and policy environments.
- We support university standards and integrity by valuing high expectations for all students, including those with disabilities.
- We value civility, respect and integrity in accordance with The University of Mississippi Creed.
- We pursue the eradication of stigma and embrace the uniqueness and dignity of each person.
- We believe in the ability of students to succeed and thrive and consider it our responsibility to support and encourage their personal growth and autonomy.
- We strive for outstanding customer service by providing courteous, responsive, and personalized support that values and respects the needs of those we serve.