skip to main content
Student Disability Services
University of Mississippi

Do I come to SDS for my academic advising?

The Office of Student Disability Services does not provide academic advising to students with disabilities. As a result, students who require Academic Advising should click the following link, Center for Student Success and First-Year Experience or contact the department of their scholastic major for advising information.

Because of regulations governing confidentiality, academic advisors will not be notified by this office of the names of students with disabilities. If a student believes that his/her disability should be considered while arranging course schedules, that student should disclose the disability to the academic advisor.

Students with disabilities are subject to the same process for scheduling advisor appointments as are all other students. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the student to make advisor appointments early enough that they may benefit from priority registration.
Link to UM Creed Link To SDS Instagram PageLink To SDS Twitter PageLink To SDS Facebook Page Link to Donate to SDS